Volunteers are an ESSENTIAL part of the inner-workings of McKamey Animal Center and play an important role in saving animal lives in Chattanooga! Volunteers are at the frontlines of helping staff to provide quality love and care for animals and helping get them into forever homes! We are always looking for passionate, dedicated volunteers to help us further our mission and can use a variety of different skills and interests!
From walking dogs to playing with kittens to cleaning kennels to helping with events and outreach, every volunteer effort is valuable to the staff and animals of McKamey Animal Center!
Read on to learn more about volunteering at McKamey Animal Center and how to get signed up!
What Are the Rules?
– Must fill out a Volunteer Application (available down below)
– Applicant must be 16 years of age or older at the time of application
– Applicant must be able to commit to volunteering 8 hours per month for 6 months
– Applicant must attend a Volunteer Orientation taught by McKamey personnel prior to beginning volunteer service
– To defray costs and not take away from the animals in our care, volunteers must pay a $20 application/T-shirt fee at the time of orientation.
How To Sign Up:
– Click HERE to fill out and submit a Volunteer Application. Please fill out this application completely and double-check for errors before submitting.
– After submission of your volunteer application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing the link to sign up for a Volunteer Orientation class.
Upcoming Volunteer Training Classes:
Thursday, February 2, 5:30pm-7:00pm (CLASS IS FULL)
Saturday, February 11, 10:00am-noon (CLASS IS FULL)
Thursday, March 2, 5:30pm-7:00pm
Saturday, March 11, 10:00am-noon
If you have tried the above steps, but are having trouble getting signed up OR if you have questions about volunteering not answered on this page, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerCoordinator@mckameyanimalcenter.org.
Already a Volunteer? LOG INTO VOLGISTICS HERE
If you need to complete court-ordered community service, please do not fill out an application or sign up for an orientation. Contact Kelly Edly – email@example.com
For Email Newsletters you can trust