The McKamey Animal Care and Adoption Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status in its employment programs and policies.
Thank you for your interest in a career with MAC.
Are you dedicated to the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment? At MAC you will be joining a team of dedicated people working together to ensure that animals are valued, protected and free from cruelty, pain and suffering.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, including why you are seeking a career with MAC (besides the obvious, You Love Animals).
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Job Summary: Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Animal Services this position provides telephone/radio communication services to the community and animal service officers regarding animal control within the city limits of Chattanooga.
- Answer incoming calls promptly, courteously and professionally.
- Process multiple phone calls simultaneously.
- Maintain a pleasant, professional attitude with customers and co-workers.
- Rapidly gather information and data that is needed to handle the animal issue (i.e. – Caller name, address, city, state, zip, phone, animal issue). Know the “City” area to allow prompt dispatch to “City” addresses. Refer “County” calls to other animal service agencies within the community.
- Quickly assess the severity of the situation and make decision as how to proceed.
- Dispatch information to animal services officers in the community through radio communication.
- Enter complaint information into the...
Job Summary: Intake Specialist are responsible for providing high quality animal intake and referral services to assist members of the public looking to rehome their own pet or reunite a lost pet. This position supports MAC's population management goals by providing humane intake diversion options for animals that do not need shelter intake and following all applicable MAC intake policies and procedures for those that do. Successful candidates must have both a love of animals and compassion for humans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 6 months experience in community outreach or equivalent required
- 6 months of experience in animal welfare or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and in a non-judgmental fashion with members of the public, even in...
Job Summary: Our Animal Care Specialist work within a team setting to oversee the health, well being, and general care of Center animals. Responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary facility for animals and people while providing humane handling and care for all Center animals on a daily basis.
Education/Experience: High school diploma is required. Interest in animal care and welfare. An outlook that is energetic, upbeat and positive.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to relate and confer with the managers and associate staff in a positive and constructive way; exercise good judgment when dealing with the public and when making decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
Other: Must be at least 18 years of age, valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Salary: $10.00 per hourmore