Job Summary: Intake Specialist are responsible for providing high quality animal intake and referral services to assist members of the public looking to rehome their own pet or reunite a lost pet. This position supports MAC's population management goals by providing humane intake diversion options for animals that do not need shelter intake and following all applicable MAC intake policies and procedures for those that do. Successful candidates must have both a love of animals and compassion for humans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 6 months experience in community outreach or equivalent required
- 6 months of experience in animal welfare or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and in a non-judgmental fashion with members of the public, even in difficult or tense situations.
- Ability to care for all types of animals, including domestic, livestock and wildlife.
- Ability to adhere to all MAC protocols regarding care and feeding of animals, staff safety, etc.
- Ability to make sound judgments and to work independently or in a team setting while being faced with a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors, and the general public, verbally and in writing.
- Desire to support the mission of the McKamey Animal Center and be a positive representative of MAC.
- Ability to humanely handle animals of all types, and willingness to follow all MAC protocols regarding humane animal handling.
- Ability to use relevant computer programs and systems to document and research animal information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to cover any and all assigned work shifts, and to managing changing work schedules.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs and instructions.
- Excellent customer-service oriented attitude and demeanor.
Must be at least 18 years of age; Valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record required; Random or required drug testing may be required.
Salary: $10.50 per hour