Appointments Required! Scroll down for online adoption application. Application must be completed before an appointment will be scheduled.
Change a life (yours & theirs)... Adopt a pet!
At McKamey Animal Center, you will have an opportunity to meet and visit with your potential new companion in person. Spend time interacting with your potential new friend. You can review specially developed behavior and health profiles, and lifestyle considerations on each of our adoptable animals. You can review our fees below, or click below for more information. We have adoption counselors who will work with you to help find that perfect pet, but bear in mind that this may often require more than one visit. They can help you decide what size, age, breed and temperament will most successfully meet your expectations.
Because adopting an animal is a family decision, please bring your whole family, including current resident dogs (if you are adopting a dog), to meet your potential companion. Please leave your resident cats safely at home.
The entire adoption process can be time consuming (up to 2 hours).
- If you are a Chattanooga, Lakesite, or Red Bank city resident, your current pets must be licensed. If they are not licensed, please bring a copy of your animal’s rabies certificate and our staff will be able to issue you a license.
- You will be asked to complete an adoption survey. This time is well invested when you consider that your pet will live with you for up to 15 years or more.
- Renters be prepared to show proof of pets being allowed. We ask for your patience and cooperation in the joyful process of bringing pets and people together.
- Please make sure to bring a crate or leash, or you will need to purchase one to bring your new pet home safely.
Remember, we are here to help should questions or concerns arise, and we are committed to making each placement positive and permanent.
Appointments to adopt are required. On the day of your appointment please come to the Adoption entrance and ring the bell, someone will assist you. If you have questions please call 423-305-6500 ext. 100 or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cats: $75 (adult and kittens, adopt 2nd for $25)
- Dogs: $75 (excludes Ambassadors)
- Ambassadors: $175 (this includes puppies, pure bred, and other highly desirable dogs)
- Working Cats: $30- (A working cats is one with a history of living outdoors that is in good health)
- Pigs: $40
- Chickens: $10 ($5 per chicken after 1st)
- Adoption fee includes:
- Spay or neuter
- Age appropriate vaccinations
- Parasite Prevention
- Heartworm test (dogs)
- 30 days of free pet insurance coverage
(includes all animals between 8 weeks-11 years old)
On Thursdays dogs are $35 (excludes ambassadors & puppies) and all cats are $10.