City Pet License
Chattanooga City Residents Only
All cats and dogs living in the City of Chattanooga are required to be licensed and have a current Rabies vaccination. Your pet’s license is a legally required form of identification and is your best friend’s most valuable asset in getting them home safely. Each year, McKamey Animal Center receives more than 6,400 animals, yet the vast majority of them have no form of identification to assist us in reuniting them with their families. Your pet can’t tell us where they live, so speak for them by purchasing a pet license today.
CHATTANOOGA CITY CODE
- The owner of every dog or cat in the City over the age of three (3) months are required to obtain a City license for such dog or cat by the last day of the month in which the dog or cat receives its rabies vaccination.
- The license shall be effective for twelve months or until the last day of the month in which the current rabies vaccination expires, whichever comes first.
- In the case of a three-year rabies vaccination, the license must be renewed yearly while the vaccination remains valid.
Click button below and purchase your license today.
Licensed pets have benefits:
- Identify Your Pet: They are more likely to quickly be reunited with their owners.
- Compliance with State & City Regulations: Dog & Cat licensing is required in the City of Chattanooga, and you could face a fine if your dog is not licensed.
- Prevent Rabies: To obtain a dog license, you must provide proof that your dog has been vaccinated against rabies.
Licensing fees support:
- Spay/neuter programs.
- Officer response to neighborhood complaints.
- Medical care for lost, abandoned & abused animals.
- Community outreach: vaccine clinics & education programs.
Pet License Fees
Cats & dogs only. Fees are required for pets older than three months. Proof of rabies vaccination required.
- Unaltered - $50 (Can Reproduce)
- Altered - $10 (Has Been Spayed / Neutered)
- Owners over 65 yr – FREE Up to 3 altered pets only.
Not sure if you live in the city?
If your not sure if you live in the city or county you can check the Hamilton County GIS mapping system. If you live within the yellow area, your are a city resident. CLICK HERE