For more information on current opportunities, please call 423-305-6500 ext. 6
From walking dogs to cleaning cat kennels to helping with events and outreach, every volunteer effort is valuable to the staff and animals of McKamey Animal Center!
Read on to learn more about volunteering at McKamey Animal Center and how to get signed up!
Volunteers are an ESSENTIAL part of the inner-workings of McKamey Animal Center and play an important role in saving animal lives in Chattanooga! Volunteers are at the frontlines of helping staff to provide quality love and care for animals and helping get them into forever homes! We are always looking for passionate, dedicated volunteers to help us further our mission and can use a variety of different skills and interests!
- Volunteers 16 years of age or older may volunteer independently.
- Volunteers age 10-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all shifts and training.
- Volunteers must attend a New Volunteer Orientation prior to beginning volunteer service.
All volunteers must complete four hours of Essential Shelter Help (non-animal handling tasks) before they are able to work with animals.
- All volunteers must be willing to commit to a minimum of 6 hours of service each month for at least 6 months, ideally the same 2-hour shift per week.
- To defray costs and not take away from the animals in our care, volunteers are asked to pay a one-time $25 commitment fee, which covers the cost of the t-shirt and training.
- Please complete a Volunteer Application below.
- Once your application is received, our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch.
Looking to volunteer with your business or civic group? Fill out the interest form below to get started! We'd love to host you!
If you have questions about volunteering not answered on this page, please contact the MAC Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerCoordinator@mckameyanimalcenter.org.
Court-Ordered Community Service
If you are looking to volunteer for court-ordered community service, please click here for more information.